Tuesday, October 19, 2010

3D printouts

Well, after many problems, troubleshooting, and complete redos, I finally managed to create a model that was compatible with the multiple programs required to print my puppet heads.
The most enjoyable part of the last few weeks was when I finally got a workable model, so I was able to get more creative and adjust it to get different expressions. By Thursday I should have some of the actual expression heads printed out; right now I only have the basic head (3 parts) in two different sizes. I've decided to go with the larger size for the rest of my models.




The most difficult part was, obviously, having to remodel so many times. But now I'm good to go, and I'm planning on modeling the other characters' heads shortly. The last picture shows the lineup of the expression heads in Zprint, just before beginning printing

No comments:

Post a Comment