Thursday, February 17, 2011

An encouraging week

This week I accomplished a lot, both in terms of animation and in figuring out the way I want the final look and feel of my thesis film to be. I am currently on schedule with my shots completed. The most fun part of the week was scrolling through my animator and realizing that all the badly-drawn storyboards are now finished animation, hopefully less crappy than the storyboards. The worst part was the backache I got from spending so many hours bending over animating!
I am considering changing the middle portion of my film where the ghost doppelgänger and stick bug attack the boy, to make it more surreal and abstract, since it is after all a dream. I want to experiment with lighting, cool flickers and colored gels, crazy camera angles and weird materials to give a super creepy vibe. The narrative will still be there, but this will give me more flexibility to work within time constraints without having to stick to a tight schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment